CCAR Press FAQ/Returns
1. How do I access my account?
To claim and activate your account, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to My Account
2. Under Returning Customers enter your email address in your user ID section.
3. Click on "Click Here” under forget password.
4. Check your email. You should have received an email with your password.
2. Where do I send check payments for CCAR Press book orders and invoices?
Please note that this address is for CCAR Press check payments only.
The Central Conference of American Rabbis
PO Box 781044
Philadelphia, PA 19178-1044
3. Does CCAR Press offer discounts?
Discounts of 20% are offered on congregational orders and to members of the CCAR for CCAR prayerbooks.
For discount schedules on trade titles, please call 212-972-3636 x241.
Wholesalers and distributors are invited to call for discount schedules.
Occasionally special discounts are offered. These are made available on the website.
4. Does CCAR Press offer electronic books?
Yes, the CCAR is proud to offer many of our books in electronic format. A large selection of CCAR Press books, including out-of-print classics, are available as fully searchable and bookmarkable pdf’s on our ebook site. These pdfs can be downloaded and viewed on your computer, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, and many other devices.
Many of our books are also available as Kindle books. To download those books, go to Amazon directly.
We also have some books available for other electronic devices including the Nook, Sony Reader, Android, and iPad/iPhone, and will continue to add more in the future.
5. Where can I get more information about Mishkan T’filah and using it in my congregation?
There are many online resources available here.
These resources include answers to frequently-asked-questions, journal articles about Mishkan T’filah, implementation ideas from our colleagues, practical suggestions, ways to introduce Mishkan T’filah into your congregation, study material—and much more.
6. Where can I get more information about the new CCAR machzor?
Materials related to Mishkan HaNefesh: Machzor for the Days of Awe can be found here.
7. Does CCAR Press accept unsolicited submissions?
CCAR Press publishes primarily Jewish liturgy and resources for rabbis, scholars, congregations and the Jewish community. Most of our publications are created in-house. However, we do occasionally consider an unsolicited submission. You are welcome to email us a preliminary query. Please understand that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive a response to a query. If there is sufficient interest, you will then be asked to submit a formal proposal.
Please also note the following:
• We do not work with agents.
• We do not publish memoirs, fiction, plays, textbooks, or children’s books (other than liturgy).
• We are not able to discuss submissions by phone or to provide critiques.
8. How can I contact the editors of The CCAR Journal: The Reform Jewish Quarterly?
Elaine Rose Glickman, editor
Evan Moffic, book review editor
Marc Steven Dworkin, poetry editor
9. How can I subscribe to The CCAR Journal: The Reform Jewish Quarterly?
We welcome subscriptions from individuals and institutions: The Reform Jewish Quarterly
10. How do I find out more about supporting a CCAR publication?
Our publications are made possible by the thoughtfulness and generosity of those who are interested in supporting our ability to publish important resources for the Jewish community. For more information, please contact Rabbi Hara Person.
11. Is it okay to copy material from a CCAR publication?
It is only acceptable to do so with express, written permission from CCAR Press. To do otherwise is a copyright violation, which is both unethical and illegal. This applies to copying for any reason, including educational purposes.
355 Lexington Ave, 8th floor
New York, NY 10017
Every attempt will be made to respond within 4-6 weeks.12. How can I learn more about projecting services?
The CCAR Press is pleased to be able to offer projected services, or Visual T’filah to rabbis, cantors, congregations, and institutions. Both ready-made and customizable Visual T’filah are available. The CCAR Press also offers consulting in the area of Visual T’filah. These services include suggestions of how to set up your sanctuary, equipment purchases, and introducing the congregation to this mode of worship.
Orders are shipped via UPS.
14. How do I return books, if necessary?
Please return all books to our warehouse at the address below. Permission is required on all returns. Please call the CCAR Press before returning any books. Please complete and return the "Reason to Return" on the back of your packing slip with your shipment.
Attn: CCAR Returns
1650 Bluegrass Lakes Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30004